Although Nicholas Melillo’s Foundation Cigar Co. had a booth that was very similar to last year, there were a couple of new, exciting projects that debuted at this years IPCPR Convention & Trade Show.
One new addition is a line extension, while the other incorporates a new wrapper.
The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT #142 is a new variety of tobacco that is grown just steps away from the Foundation Cigar Co. headquarters, which is actually located in a tobacco field in Connecticut. Rolled at the Tabacalera AJ Fernandez Cigars de Nicaragua S.A. factory, the four-vitola line uses the same binder and filler as the regular The Tabernacle, but with less Honduran filler.
- Wrapper: U.S.A. (Connecticut Havana Seed CT #142)
- Binder: Mexico (San Andrés)
- Filler: Honduras & Nicaragua
- The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT #142 Robusto (5 x 50) — $10.50 (Boxes of 24, $252)
- The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT #142 Corona (5 1/4 x 46) — $9 (Boxes of 24, $216)
- The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT #142 Toro (6 x 52) — $11.50 (Boxes of 24, $276)
- The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT #142 Double Corona (7 x 54) — $12 (Boxes of 24, $288)
Production: Regular Production
Launch Date: October 2018
After debuting the line last year, Foundation debuted the thinnest vitola yet of The Wise Man Maduro brand so far, a 7 1/2 x 40 soft-pressed lancero that incorporates the same Mexican San Andrés wrapper over a Nicaraguan corojo 99 binder from Jalapa and fillers form Estelí and Jalapa. While it is expected to be continuously produced in small quantities, the initial run is limited to 500 boxes of 13 with pricing set at $13 per cigar.
- Wrapper: Mexico (San Andrés)
- Binder: Nicaragua (Jalapa)
- Filler: Nicaragua (Estelí & Jalapa)
- The Wise Man Maduro Lancero (7 1/2 x 40) — $13 (Boxes of 13, $169)
Production: 500 Boxes of 13 Cigars (6,500 Total Cigars)
Launch Date: September 2018