Mombacho’s plans for the trade show were pretty much on the table before the show started; the headlining cigar was announced in Dec. 2015, while a packaging update was announced in the weeks prior to the show. One new size to the LIga Maestro is on the way, as is the updated look to the company’s core line, Tierra Volcan. While there wasn’t a banner hung up to proclaim it, it appears the Mombacho name will be seen much more in the United States.
Mombacho 10th Anniversary
Fans have the brand have had this on their radar for nearly seven months; it’s a single vitola that uses a combination of tobacco from the company’s two lines, breaking a rule that master blender and Mombacho president Claudio Sgroi said he’d never do. Both production and distribution are limited, with the cigar offered to stores who have been Mombacho retailers since 2014, or retailers who have been to the company’s Casa Favailli factory in Nicaragua, or those hitting a minimum purchase number.
- Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Viso (Jalapa)
- Binder: Nicaraguan Habano Criollo (Condega)
- Filler: Nicaraguan Habano Criollo Seco (Condega), Habano Criollo viso mediano (Condega), Habano viso grande (Jalapa), Criollo ligero mediano habano (Jalapa) and Habano ligero grande (Jalapa).
- Mombacho 10th Anniversary (6 1/4 x 52) — $19.95 (Box of 10, $199.50)
Launch Date: Immediately following the show.
Production: 5,000 Boxes of 10 Cigars
Liga Maestro Pequeño
A fairly new petit vitola in the Liga Maestro line, it has been only recently become available. As you can see, it was also showing off the company’s new branding. It will be the first of the two lines to get the new look, while Tierra Volcan will see that update in the coming months.
- Wrapper: Nicaragua
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua
- Liga Maestro Pequeño (4 1/2 x 44) — $6.55 (Box of 12, $78.60)
Launch Date: Currently shipping.
Production: Regular production.