There’s an advantage to being a hometown cigar shop and in the case of eight mid-Atlantic retailers, that means a soft launch of the Fratello Bianco.
Fratello, which is based in Springfield, Va., will begin selling its sophomore release next Tuesday. The Fratello Bianco was announced last month, slated for July’s IPCPR Convention & Trade Show. It uses a Mexican San Andrés negro wrapper and filler tobaccos from Nicaragua, Pennsylvania and Peru.
The line is offered in four sizes: Bianco I (6 1/4 x 44), Bianco II (6 x 50), Bianco III (5 x 56) and a Event Exclusive (5 x 44). The regular sizes are priced between $8-9 and sold in boxes of 20.
The list of events and locations are as follows:
- June 16 — Old Virginia Tobacco Co. (Woodbridge, Va.)
- June 18 — The Tobacco Company (Lemoyne, Pa.)
- June 19 — Davidus Cigars (Shady Grove, Md.)
- June 20 — Tinder Box Waldorf (Waldorf, Md.)
- June 23 — Burke Cigar Lounge (Burke, Md.)
- June 24 — City Place Cigar (Lynchburg, Va.)
- June 25 — Havana Connections (Short Pump, Md.)
- June 26 — Delaware Cigars (Newark, Del.)