Fratello has combined two of its lines for the next addition to the company’s portfolio: Bianco Boxer.
It will debut in a single 6 1/4 x 52 box-pressed torpedo size. It uses the same components as the regular Bianco line: a Mexican San Andrés negro wrapper, Dominican binder and Pennsylvania, Dominican and Peruvian fillers, though it’s been tweaked.
“The Bianco Boxer will join forces with one of our bestselling sizes, the Fratello Boxer.” said Omar de Frias, Fratello’s founder, in a press release. “One of our goals with The Boxer line is to show our consumers how modifying the ratio of filler tobacco can change the profile in a cigar.”
Like the Bianco IV, another extension to the Bianco line, it will soft launch at 10 stores before a full release at the 2016 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show, which begins July 25 in Las Vegas.
Suggested retail pricing is $10 per cigar and it will be offered in boxes of 20.
Update (June 6, 2016) — Both the Bianco Boxer and Bianco IV have been released. The following is a list of the retailers who are part of the soft launch and the date of the soft launch events:
- May 29 — Delaware Cigars
- June 10 — Quartermasters Cigars (Frederick, Md.)
- June 14 — Old Virginia Tobacco Co. (Alexandria, Va.)
- June 16 — Michael’s Tobacco (Euless, Texas)
- June 18 — ZT Cigars (Oklahoma City)
- June 23 — Mr. J’s Havana (Warwick, R.I.)
- June 29 — The Party Source (Bellevue, Ky.)
- June 30 — Jungle Jim’s (Fairfield, Ohio)
- July 1 — Jungle Jim’s (Cincinnati)
- July 2 — Almost Havana (Hurricane W.Va.)
This story was originally published on May 18, 2016.