Casa de Montecristo’s new Austin location is only a couple months away.
Rob Maneson, ceo of Casa de Montecristo, Inc., told Community Impact Newspaper the company plans on having its new location, at 3801 N. Capital of Texas Highway in the suburb of Westlake, open in early May.
The 3,800-square-foot location will feature an 800-square-foot humidor, the store is not slated to have a bar.
Austin is one of three new locations the company has announced that will be open in the coming months. it plans on opening its Nashville location the same week as Austin and then a Tampa store—a franchise operated by Tampa Humidor—is planned to open in June.
Casa de Montecristo is a division of Tabacalera USA, itself part of the Imperial Brands, plc family. Imperial also owns Altadis U.S.A, which sells the Montecristo and Romeo y Julieta brands in the U.S. It also owns the JR Cigar business, which includes mail order, internet and brick and mortar stores, many of which are being rebranded to Casa de Montecristo.
With the three new stores, there will be 16 company-owned stores and five Casa de Montecristo franchises:
- Austin, Texas — Casa de Montecristo (to be opened)
- Boynton Beach, Fla.*
- Burlington, N.C. — JR Cigar
- Countryside, Ill.*
- Dallas, Texas — Casa de Montecristo
- Detroit, Mich. — JR Cigar
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (Champions)
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (Galleria)
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (JFK)
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (Webster)
- Las Vegas, Nev.*
- Miami, Fla.*
- Mooresville, N.C. — Casa de Montecristo by JR Cigar
- Nashville, Tenn. — Casa de Montecristo (to be opened)
- New York, N.Y. — Casa de Montecristo by Cigar Inn (2nd Ave.)
- New York, N.Y. — Casa de Montecristo by Cigar Inn (73rd Street)
- Paramus, N.J. — JR Cigar
- Selma, N.C. — JR Cigar
- Tampa, Fla.* (to be opened)
- Washington D.C. — Casa de Montecristo by JR Cigar
- Whippany, N.J. — JR Cigar
*Denotes franchise store not owned by Tabacalera USA.
Austin. is the latest in a rapid Texas expansion over the last 10 months. Casa de Montecristo opened up a Dallas location last summer and then purchased the four Serious Cigars locations in Houston later that year.