Retailers attending the 2021 PCA Convention & Trade Show next month will have the opportunity to pick up the Black Works Studio Hive, a sampler of various Blacks Works Studio (BLK WKS) blends in special sizes.
The Black Works Studio Hive is a 27-count box that contains six different types of cigars in various quantities:
- 6 Black Works Studio Green Hornet Lancero (7 1/4 x 42)
- 4 Black Works Studio Green Hornet Perfecto (5 x 60)
- 4 Black Works Studio Kato Candela Robusto (5 x 50)
- 6 Black Works Studio Killer Bee Connecticut Lancero (7 1/4 x 42)
- 3 Black Works Studio Killer Bee Lancero (7 1/4 x 42)
- 4 Black Works Studio Killer Bee Perfecto (5 x 60)
The 27-count box of the Hive has an MSRP of $337.50, which works out to $12.50 per cigar.
“We wanted to offer Hive for PCA attendees as a way of showing our appreciation for the retailers who come to support our brands at the show,” said James Brown, creator of BLTC and partner at Fabrica Oveja Negra, via a press release. “The Hive is an idea I’ve had for a few years now. The Killer Bee & Green Hornet lines are some of our most popular and over the years I’ve played with a lot of different ideas for both. Hive is a mix of some of my favorite Bee & Hornet samples that have yet to be released. For anyone that is a fan of the Killer Bee & Green Hornet, this is a must have!”
Black Works Studio says it is limited to 900 boxes and will begin shipping the cigars in the fall.
The 2021 PCA Convention & Trade Show takes place July 10-13 in Las Vegas.
Correction: The original version of this article indicated production was limited to 900 cigars, it has been corrected to 900 boxes.