Last year, Atabey showed off five new vitolas marked as future releases, next month three of those cigars will head to stores.
On March 7, brand owner Nelson Alfonso will be on hand to show off the new cigars with events at four stores.
The three new vitolas are:
- Atabey Spiritus (7 x 40) — $30 (Boxes of 25, $750)
- Atabey Benditos (7 x 58) — $36 (Boxes of 25, $900)
- Atabey Duendes (6 x 54) — $30 (Boxes of 25, $750)
In addition, the Atabey Misticos (6 x 56) will get a wider release. The cigar appeared in limited quantities at select stores late last year. It’s priced at $34.
As for the fifth cigar—the 8 x 50 Dioses—it still doesn’t have a release date. Oliver Nivaud, director of sales for United Cigar Group—which distributes the brand in the U.S.—told halfwheel the cigar is “still not ready to ship.”
The four stores are:
- March 7, 2018 — Ambassador Fine Cigars (Peoria, Ariz.)
- March 8, 2018 — Industrial Cigar Co. (Frisco, Texas)
- March 9, 2018 — Casa de Montecristo — Chicago (Countryside, Ill.)
- March 10, 2018 — Corona Cigar Co. Sand Lake (Orlando, Fla.)
Atabey is part of Alfonso’s Selected Tobacco S.A. The cigars are made at Tabacos de Costa Rica; the blend of Atabey is not disclosed.