This will be the third consecutive year in a row that AGNAORSA Leaf will sell its Aniversario Maduro blend. It will also be the third different packaging iteration for the blend in as many years.
At the 2022 PCA Convention & Trade Show, AGANORSA Leaf will offer the blend in three box-pressed sizes:
- AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Maduro Gran Robusto (5 x 54) — $13.50 (Box of 10, $135)
- AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Maduro Toro (6 1/4 x 52) — $14.50 (Box of 10, $145)
- AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Maduro Gran Toro (6 x 58) — $15.50 (Box of 10, $155)
Notably, the line is now considered a regular production offering, previously, it had been a limited production offering. The three new sizes will ship to stores in August.
“The Aniversario Maduro blend was a massive hit the last two years and there was great demand for this cigar to return to the market,” said Terence Reilly, vp of sales and marketing for AGANORSA Leaf, in a press release. “Between the gorgeous presentation and the quality of the blend, we feel Aniversario Maduro will become one of our best sellers now that it will be consistently available. We encourage our retail partners to make sure to stop by our booth at PCA to ensure you have access to this amazing cigar.”
Previously, the line has been offered in four sizes, all of which were considered limited:
- Casa Fernández Aniversario Cuba 109 Maduro (6 1/4 x 54) — August 2020 — 250 Boxes of 10 Cigars (2,500 Total Cigars)
- AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Maduro Short Churchill (5 3/8 x 48) — November 2021 —1,000 Boxes of 10 Cigars (10,000 Total Cigars)
- AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Maduro Toro (6 x 54) — November 2021— 1,500 Boxes of 10 Cigars (15,000 Total Cigars)
- AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Maduro Perfecto (6 1/4 x 52) — December 2021 — 500 Boxes of 10 Cigars (5,000 Total Cigars)
The blend is made entirely of Nicaraguan tobaccos, capped off by a shade-grown maduro wrapper. While the packaging design remains similar to the 2021 version, the main color is changing from white to black, likely in an effort to better differentiate the Maduro from the AGANORSA Leaf Aniversario Corojo, which uses the white bands. This is the latest packaging change in a multi-year rebranding effort that began in 2018 and has continued into this year.
The 2022 PCA Convention & Trade Show takes place July 9-12 in Las Vegas.
Update (June 7, 2022) — Added pricing and ship date info. This post was originally published on May 21, 2022.