Hello, Faitful Readers!
You know, every year, I see a bunch of cigar sites posting Christmas contests, and they are all offering boxes of so-so cigars, or grab bags, or what have you…Now, we here at SmokingStogie.com are not ones to follow what other people do (other then the fact that we are having a Christmas contest, of course), so here is the deal…
For the last 2 years, we have used the excuse of Christmas to give away some of the rarest, most expensive cigars around…and this year (once again) we are going to do the same…
Like 2009 (when we awarded a Cohiba Gran Reserva and a Monte Sublime) and last year (when we awarded a Cohiba Siglo V from 1995 AND an Original Release Anjeo 48 from 2000) instead of a box of cigars that anyone can go out and buy, we are going to offer up ANYTHING that we have in our Vinotemps as a prize. Everyone here has a cigar they they would love to have, love to smoke, but can never get ahold of for some reason…well, this is your chance. (Sadly, I don’t have an OR Behike or a Dunhill Estupendos, so don’t waste your vote!)
My advice? Go through the MULTITUDE of reviews on this site, my Twitter page and our Facebook page, and pick out one that you have been looking for…If we have reviewed it or smoked it in the past year, we probably have more :) Would you like a Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin or Barklay Rex? Or perhaps a Dunhill/Partagas Selección Suprema #251 (as far as we know, one of only a few boxes in existence)?
To enter, you will post in the comments section of THIS post ONE cigar (AND a backup) that you have always wanted to try/smoke…I will use Random.org to pick a number, which will coincide with the number of the comment you leave, and (this is important) if I have that specific cigar, it will be on your doorstep in time for Christmas.
Now, there is a catch, of course…As you may or may not know, I am a firm believer in the idea of smoking rare and htf sticks, and not “Collecting” them. I don’t keep any specific cigar laying around waiting for that “Special Day” to smoke it (although I do have quite a backlog of sticks I need to review…TOTALLY different things lol!), and neither will you… In order for you to enter this contest, you MUST promise (Pinky Swear!) to smoke this specific cigar that you (might) win by 01/01/11 AND send a review (with photos!) to me to post on this site.
Basically, we have in our Vinos a veritable cornucopia of cigar bliss, and all you have to do is name one (and actually win, of course :)
Here are the rules:
- Christmas Contest 3.0 will start on 12/12/11 (that is today) and end on 12/19/11 at midnight (Central Time). All comments left during that time will count towards the contest.
- Each poster will post one comment detailing their “Holy Grail” cigar AND a backup cigar. Feel free to elaborate on why you want that specific cigar.
- Each comment will be assigned a number depending on when it was entered…i.e. the first comment left will have #1, the second comment left will have #2, etc…We will use Random.org to pick a random number, which will be the winner.
- IF I have the cigar in my possession, the winner who’s name is drawn will receive it before Dec. 25/11.
- If I don’t have the first cigar listed by the winner, I will go to the backup cigar which is listed.
- If I don’t have the backup cigar, I will just send something really kickass.
- This is first and foremost a review site, and there are a few cigars that I only have one of that I have NOT reviewed…if a cigar is chosen that I only have one of and have NOT reviewed (and there are not many of those), I will go to the backup cigar on the list that the winner has chosen.
- If a cigar is chosen that I only have one of that I HAVE reviewed, it will be awarded to the winner.
- You MUST leave a name and email (so I can contact you! No spam, I promise, I would not even know how to use it :)
- Any inappropriate language or comments (judged by me) will get you disqualified from the contest.
- If my house burns down between now and the end of the contest (or something else totally unforeseen happens to the cigars), I have the right to replace them with something of my choosing, like cash from the insurance settlement.
- In order for you to enter this contest, you MUST promise (Pinky Swear!) to smoke this specific cigar that you (might) win by 01/01/12 AND send a review (with photos) to me to post.
- Oh, and by entering this contest, you agree to these terms :)
We have MANY cigars that we have not detailed on the site, so my advice to you is to shoot for the stars…this contest will only happen once a year after all…
Go nuts :)
(BTW, all announced contest winners have now shipped, so expect your winnings in the mail :)