I just (this moment) realized that it is almost Christmas, and as I look around the web, I see a bunch of sites posting Christmas contests, and they are all offering boxes of cigars, or grab bags, or what have you…Now, I am not one to follow what other people do (other then the fact that we are having a Christmas contest, of course), so here is the deal…
In two years, you, the faithful reader, Steve and I have built this blog into a great looking site to see photos and reviews of rare, hard to find and fairly expensive cigars…so, in order to thank you (since without you, I am just talking to myself, and that is just creepy, or talking to Steve, who really does not want to hear my random thoughts), we are once again going to have a contest for Christmas…
Like last year (when we awarded a Cohiba Gran Reserva and a Monte Sublime) instead of a box of cigars that anyone can go out and buy, we are going to offer up ANYTHING that we have in our Vinotemps as a prize. Everyone here has a cigar they they would love to have, love to smoke, but can never get ahold of for some reason…well, this is your chance. (Sadly, I don’t have an OR Behike or a Dunhill Estupendos, so don’t waste your vote!)
To enter, you will post in the comments section of THIS post ONE cigar (AND a backup) that you have always wanted to try/smoke…I will have a name pulled at random from a box, and (this is important) if I have that specific cigar, it will be on your doorstep in time for Christmas.
Now, there is a catch, of course…As you may or may not know, I am a firm believer in the idea of smoking rare and htf sticks, and not “Collecting” them. I don’t keep any specific cigar laying around waiting for that “Special Day” to smoke it (although I do have quite a backlog of sticks I need to review…TOTALLY different things lol!), and neither will you… In order for you to enter this contest, you MUST promise (Pinky Swear!) to smoke this specific cigar that you (might) win by 01/01/11 AND post a review (with photos) in this post.
Basically, we have in our Vinos a veritable cornucopia of cigar bliss, and all you have to do is name one (and actually win, of course :)
Here are the rules:
- Christmas Contest 10 will start on 12/08/10 (thats today) and end on 12/18/10 at midnight (Central Time)
- Each poster will post one comment detailing their “Holy Grail” cigar AND a backup cigar. Feel free to elaborate on why you want that specific cigar.
- All entries names will be put into a box, and one name will be drawn at random by someone unrelated to Steve or I.
- IF I have the cigar in my possession, the winner who’s name is drawn will receive it before Dec. 25/10.
- If I don’t have the first cigar listed by the winner, I will go to the backup cigar which is listed.
- If I don’t have the backup cigar, I will just send something really kickass.
- This is first and foremost a review site, and there are a few cigars that I only have one of that I have NOT reviewed…if a cigar is chosen that I only have one of and have NOT reviewed (and there are not many of those), I will go to the backup cigar on the list that the winner has chosen.
- If a cigar is chosen that I only have one of that I HAVE reviewed, it will be awarded to the winner.
- You MUST leave a name and email (so I can contact you! No spam, I promise, I would not even know how to use it :)
- Any inappropriate language or comments (judged by me) will get you disqualified from the contest.
- If my house burns down between now and the end of the contest (or something else totally unforeseen happens to the cigars), I have the right to replace them with something of my choosing, like cash from the insurance settlement.
- In order for you to enter this contest, you MUST promise (Pinky Swear!) to smoke this specific cigar that you (might) win by 01/01/11 AND post a review (with photos) in this post.
- Oh, and by entering this contest, you agree to these terms :)
We have MANY cigars that we have not detailed on the site, so my advice to you is to shoot for the stars…this contest will only happen once a year after all…
Any questions you have, email me at [email protected]…