Weekly News (December 17, 2012)
Editor’s Note: LOTS OF CONTEST. This week winners will be announced for the following contests:
- Four five-packs of Herrera Esteli & a Cigar Safari — here.
- Preproduction Papas Fritas, two tins of Papas Fritas, bundle of Ratzillas & “MIxed Mystery Bag from JD” — here.
- Cain Dayton NUb 460 & STUDIO TOBAC Corona Gorda — here.
- (The) Contest: 25 Days of halfwheel — here.Happy holidays.
- STUDIO TOBAC Connecticut & Habano/Sun Grown Scheduled for 2013 — Exclusive here.
- Oliva Melanio Maduro Planned for 2013 — Exclusive here.
- MUWAT Digital Son 6 Headed to Outland Cigars — Story here.
- Tatuaje Black Label Lancero Arrives in Stores — Story here and here.
- Tatuaje Apocalypse Ships — Lots of them. Here.
- Edgar “OSOK” Hoill Plans Return — Here and via CigarBrief.
- Liga Privada Único Serie Papas Fritas Ship — Review here.
- Jameson Adds Vitola to La Resolución — Story here.
- Johnson County (TN) Repeals Smoking Ban — Before it started. Here.
- Taboada Passes Away — The legendary Cuban custom roller suffered a fatal heart attack last week. In Memoriam here.
- Frank Herrera Files Extension for Opposition to Herrera Esteli — In what has seemed like an inevitable event for months, Frank Herrera of Herrera Cigars has filed an extension for opposition to Drew Estate’s Herrera Esteli trademark application. Herrera, a trademark attorney himself, posted the latest on his blog. Both Frank Herrera and Drew Estate provided a “no comment” to halfwheel regarding the matter. (Disclosure: Drew Estate is a site sponsor, Frank Herrera has provided advice to halfwheel in the past.)
- Epicurean Cigars to be Distributed by Emilio Cigars — Press release here.
- Luis Sanchez-Harguindey Appointed Co-President of Corporación Habanos — Press release here.