News: La Flor Dominicana IPCPR 2011 (Updated)
Savona beat me to publishing info about the humidor release from La Flor Dominicana, but today is a full recap of what you should expect from La Flor at the show. The past few weeks have been a bit of a struggle getting info from a company that doesn’t like to publish info. Rumors have been floating around for a while, including those on a new Small Batch IV, but this week it seems the plans for LFD’s IPCPR releases are finalized. It includes at least one unknown, a rumor coming to life, and a few rereleases, but, like always, it’s busy.
Edit: In the interest of full disclosure, below is a list of the more “interesting” products from LFD, not all are new (such as the Culebras), but these are what shall be “of note” at the show:
- Casa de Tabaco — Humidor release of 24 La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Maduros. CA link is above.
- Diadema Duo — Packaged in boxes of two (one Natural and one Maduro) these will retail for $15. The Natural features a Nicaraguan Habano wrapper, while the Maduro has a Nicaraguan Habano Ligero. Size is 9 1/4 x 44-50, perhaps this is what Michelle Stewart got caught tweeting about earlier this year.
- Colorado Oscuro — The second year of the La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro. It’s an Ecuadorian Ligero Sumatra wrapper over a Dominican Sumatra binder and Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers. Boxes of fifty are offered in four sizes: #2 (4 1/4 x 48), #3 (5 x 50), #4 (5 1/4 x 54) and #5 (5 3/4 x 60).
- The Digger — The Digger will return in “regular” production in both the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro and a Natural.
- The Culebras — LFD will have three Culebras offered at the show this year. The LFD Culebra Especial (6 1/2 x 30, all Ecuadorian Sumatran wrappers), the Culebra Natural (6 1/2 x 30, never been released to my knowledge) and the Culebra Gordo (7 x 38, not to be confused with the Culebra Lanceros which is 7 1/2 x 39). These are not “new”, but are rather limited in nature.
Updated (July 12, 2011): And the pictures…
Litto Gomez Small Batch No. 4 is coming, although it doesn’t seem to be on the roster for the show. It seems that the prototype known as “L22″, which includes Pelo de Oro, is a likely candidate for Small Batch No. 4.
It sounds like we will see Small Batch IV before the end of 2011, although it’s likely to be later in the year and not in the Vegas Summer heat. Early 2012 (January/February) seems like the more accurate date for the next Small Batch. — el niño diablo.
Originally published July 7, 2011; Updated July 12, 2011.