It's a great idea, we as an industry need much more support and awareness . Consumers can get excited and educated on the amazing blends comming from all over the world.
News: IPCPR Proposes Consumer Day for 2013 Trade Show & Convention
In an email sent out this morning to current members of the IPCPR, John Anderson, chairman of the IPCPR Board Trade Show Committee, announced two new proposal to the IPCPR trade show and convention aimed at bringing in more revenue for the organization: allowing consumers to attend the trade show’s final day and a roast.
The e-mail, show below, describes the events as “under consideration,” but also “planned.” Chatter regarding a move like this has been going around for months and the idea of a “consumer day” has been proposed numerous times over the past few years, including as a way to handle new media.
Up until now, the trade show has been limited specifically to manufacturers, retailers, media and other industry personnel—all required to be members of the organization or gain access through a member.
The 81st annual IPCPR Convention & Trade Show will take place July 13-17 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
The e-mail reads:
In an effort to raise funds for our continued and ever more expensive legislative battles, the IPCPR Board Trade Show Committee is planning two events to take place at the 2013 annual trade show in Las Vegas.
The first event under consideration is a Consumer Day that will take place on the last half-day of the show.
- The goal of the event is to generate $100,000 for our legislative battles
- Each ticket will include a pre-packaged assortment of select cigars purchased by the IPCPR from volunteer manufacturers, as well as a chance to walk the trade show floor to meet and interface with the individuals behind the brands in the industry.
- This event will be limited to the first 500 consumers who purchase tickets (ticket price TBD based on cigar selections & cost)
The second event under consideration is a Roast. This will be an elaborate event featuring:
- A celebrity comedian as the host, a panel of well-known industry “roasters,” and a carefully selected “roastee”
- Tickets for the Roast will cost $ (TBD based on catering selections) and will include entry to the event, heavy hors d’ oeuvres and an open bar
- Tables and sponsorship opportunities will be available for purchase
- The roast will be open to the consumers who attended the consumer day as well as the industry and will make for a lighthearted conclusion to a busy week of work.
All money raised from the events will go directly towards funding legislative pursuits. This is an opportunity to raise significant funds without raising dues or asking for donations from the associate members. Our annual Trade Show & International Convention is a prime opportunity for us not only to create goodwill with consumers who wish to view our industry from the inside, but also to raise funds for our ongoing legislative battles.
As the IPCPR continues to defend the industry against government legislation and regulation, the fight only becomes costlier. With this in mind, the IPCPR is looking ahead to the future funds needed to protect our industry. We believe establishing a high-end Consumer Day and Roast will provide a continued revenue stream in the future. We ask for your support in this important matter.
If you have any questions about the above planned events, please feel free contact us at email@example.com.
IPCPR Board Trade Show Committee