E.P. Carrillo has confirmed that they will be expanding their New Wave Connecticut line at the upcoming 2013 IPCPR Convention and Trade Show, as they will be unveiling a new 6 1/4 x 43 vitola called Selectos de Oro.
The new cigar will come in 20-count boxes, with a MSRP of $6.00 per cigar and $120.00 per box.
The addition of the Selectos de Oro brings the E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut to a total of six vitolas:
- E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Stellas (5 1/8 x 42) – $4.50 (Boxes of 20, $90.00)
- E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Brillantes (5 x 50) – $5.25 (Boxes of 20, $105.00)
- E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Selectos de Oro (6 1/4 x 43) – $6.00 (Boxes of 20, $120.00)
- E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Divinos (6 x 52) – $6.25 (Boxes of 20, $125.00)
- E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut Gran Via (7 x 49) – $7.00 (Boxes of 20, $140.00)
- E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut El Decano (6 x 60) – $7.75 (Boxes of 20, $155.00)
The New Wave Connecticut line was released in March 2011. It uses an Ecuadoran Connecticut wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and filler from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. It is made at E.P. Carrillo’s Tabacalera La Alianza, S.A. in the Dominican Republic.
Ernesto Perez-Carrillo III also confirmed that the Perez-Carrillo line that had been slated to be released at the trade show has been pushed back to 2014, with no specific timetable for release.
E.P. Carrillo will also be introducing a new 7 x 70 vitola to their INCH line, which was announced in May, as well as the E-Stunner line, which was first mentioned in June. The blend for the E-Stunner, which had yet to be released, will comprise an Ecuadoran Sumatra wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.