Gurkha Cigars has announced that it will formally release its Royal Humidor Limited Edition Collection this month.
There are three different styles of humidor—black, green and burl—each limited to 150 pieces. Pricing is set at $7,500 and each humidor will come with 200 Cellar Reserves in the Prisoner vitola—which is a 7 x 54 perfecto—four of which are exclusive to the humidor.
Each humidor will contain 40 of the five different Cellar Reserve blends in the Prisoner size, a size that was previously released for the Cellar Reserve 15. The blends are as follows:
- Cellar Reserve 12 (Platinum) — Ecuadorian oscuro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler
- Cellar Reserve 15 — Criollo 98 wrapper, Dominan olor binder, Dominican filler
- Cellar Reserve 18 — Corojo wrapper, Dominican binder and filler
- Cellar Reserve 21 — Connecticut wrapper, Dominican binder and filler
- Cellar Reserva Limitada (15) — Brazilian Arapiraca, Dominican olor binder, Dominican filler
“We take great pride in our packaging,” said Kaizad Hansotia, ceo of Gurkha, in a press release. “Gurkha’s boxes and humidors have long been considered collectors’ items and the limited edition Royal Humidor is a beautiful statement piece for any home.”
The humidors were first shown off at the 2016 IPCPR Convention & Trade Show last July.
(Feature image via Will Jackson)
Update (Feb. 8, 2017) — The original version of this story indicated the cigars were now formally shipping, it is not shipping until later this month.