Earlier today, Davidoff of Geneva USA began promoting its newest Chefs Edition release to retailers ahead of a national release next month.
The cigar is the same as last year’s release, meaning the Davidoff Chef’s Edition 2017 is a 6 x 54 toro extra that uses an Ecuadorian habano wrapper, Ecuadorian Connecticut binder and four Dominican fillers: piloto viso, San Vicente mejorado seco, San Vicente mejorado viso and San Vicente viso.
In fact, the only difference is that production has been increased by 10,000 cigars.
To create the cigar, Davidoff collaborated with six world class chefs.
- Ali Güngörmüs, of Le Canard HH Pageou, Münich, Germany (1 Michelin star)
- Peter Knogl of the Cheval Blanc of Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois in Basel, Switzerland (3 stars)
- Léa Linster of Restaurant Léa Linster in Luxembourg, Germany (1 star)
- Maria Marte of Club Allard, Madrid, Spain (2 stars)
- Michel Trama of Relais & Chateau, Puymirol, France (2 stars)
- Renato Wüst of Bad Ragaz Grand Resort in Switzerland
Only 2,500 boxes of 10 cigars will be sold with pricing once again set at $30 per cigar.
The Chef’s Edition 2017 will begin shipping on April 15.