The continued retail expansion of the Casa de Montecristo chain of cigar stores will land in two more cities: Austin and Nashville.
Casa de Montecristo is a subsidiary of Imperial Brands, plc, the same company that owns Altadis U.S.A. and JR Cigar. In total, between the existing Casa de Montecristo and JR Stores, the newly-acquired Serious Cigars and the two new stores—the company will operate 16 stores in six states plus the District of Columbia.
- Austin, Texas — Casa de Montecristo (to be opened)
- Burlington, N.C. — JR Cigar
- Dallas, Texas — Casa de Montecristo
- Detroit, Mich. — JR Cigar
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (Champions)
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (Galleria)
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (JFK)
- Houston, Texas — Serious Cigars (Webster)
- Mooresville, N.C. — Casa de Montecristo by JR Cigar
- Nashville, Tenn. — Casa de Montecristo (to be opened)
- New York, N.Y. — Casa de Montecristo by Cigar Inn (2nd Ave.)
- New York, N.Y. — Casa de Montecristo by Cigar Inn (73rd Street)
- Paramus, N.J. — JR Cigar
- Selma, N.C. — JR Cigar
- Washington D.C. — Casa de Montecristo by JR Cigar
- Whippany, N.J. — JR Cigar
There are also four additional Casa de Montecristo franchise stores that are not owned by the company.
Details are expected to be announced shortly. Last month The Tennessean reported that a 3,200-square-foot cigar bar would be heading into the south Nashville neighborhood, The Gulch.
Rob Maneson, general manager of Casa de Montecristo, Inc., declined to comment.